FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Farms Announced for Fall Harvest Week at Motor Supply, Oct. 15-20, 2013
The mission: to support small, sustainable farms in the Midlands
Sept. 26, 2013 (COLUMBIA, S.C.) – Several sustainable farms from across the Midlands will be honored during Fall Harvest Week at Motor Supply, Oct. 15-20, 2013.
Harvest Week at Motor Supply is a biannual event held by the iconic Vista restaurant to celebrate the local farms Motor Supply partners with to create fresh, daily-changing farm-to-table meals. Each night during Harvest Week, unique dishes featuring dueling ingredients from local, sustainable farms will be added to Motor Supply’s a-la-carte dinner menu.
Meet the Farmer Happy Hour will kick off the weeklong celebration on Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2013, from 5:30–7:00 p.m., when featured farm owners will be mingling at Motor Supply's historic bar and communal table to chat with guests in a fun, casual environment.
Fall Harvest Week 2013 Featured Farms
- Carolina Bay Farms: Heritage pork, poultry and heirloom vegetables from Hopkins, SC
- Caw Caw Creek: heirloom pastured pork from St. Matthews, SC
- City Roots: wide range of sustainably-farmed produce from Columbia, SC
- Doko Farm: Heritage meats and organic eggs from Blythewood, SC
- Freshly Grown Farms: wide variety of hydroponic produce from Columbia, SC
- Humble Farm, LLC: heirloom vegetables, herbs and flowers from Gilbert, SC
- Trail Ridge Farm and Grade A Goat Dairy: goat milk, cheese and free-range eggs from Aiken, SC
- Wil-Moore Farms: pasture-raised meats, free-range poultry and Happy Cow Creamery products from Lugoff, SC
- More farms TBA: Follow us on social media for live updates to our growing list of featured farms. Twitter: @MotorSupply, Facebook.com/MotorSupply.
Motor Supply's specialty Harvest Week cocktail menu will also feature seasonal, farm-to-shaker ingredients, inspired by the farm-fresh meals created in the kitchen, and mixed up by always-innovative Head Barman Josh Streetman.
Motor Supply supports sustainable organic and near-organic farmers in the Midlands by regularly buying their meats, poultry, dairy, eggs and produce for the daily-changing lunch, dinner and brunch menus at Motor Supply.
“Every week here at Motor Supply is Harvest Week in a way, because year-round, we’re committed to using the maximum amount of sustainable, local ingredients that we possibly can,” says Motor Supply owner Eddie Wales. “Twice a year, though, Harvest Week is a chance for us to personally thank our farmers, have them come in the restaurant, give our customers a chance to meet them and really put them in the spotlight for their great contributions.”
Motor Supply launched Harvest Week in Fall 2011, followed by Summer and Fall 2012. Fall Harvest Week 2013 will mark the fifth occurrence of the signature farm-to-fork event.
Motor Supply Co. Bistro has been serving New World, made-from-scratch cuisine in the Vista since 1989. Reservations can be made by calling 803-256-6687 or by visiting http://www.motorsupplycobistro.com/reserve.
Get social: Facebook: http://facebook.com/motorsupply
Facebook event: http://facebook.com/events/207288006111898
Twitter: http://twitter.com/MotorSupply | #HarvestWeek
Instagram: http://instagram.com/MotorSupply | #HarvestWeek
Vine: @MotorSupply | #HarvestWeek
Tracie Broom, Flock and Rally, 415.235.5718, email@example.com
Debi Schadel, Flock and Rally, 803.348.8861, firstname.lastname@example.org
Image by Amy Overstreet