FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Farms Revealed and Cocktail Sneak Peek:
Harvest Week at Motor Supply, June 10-15, 2014
June 3, 2014 (COLUMBIA, S.C.) – Fresh, new farms join the ranks for Summer Harvest Week at Motor Supply, a celebration of the bistro’s year-round relationships with small, local and sustainable farms, June 10-15, 2014. In addition to nailing down dinner reservations early to enjoy nightly special menus packed with ingredients sourced specifically from partner farms for Harvest Week, local foodies have learned to seize the day and partake in the bizarrely delicious, one week-only cocktail list as well.
Cited in major publications such as The New York Daily News, US Airways Magazine and National Geographic Traveller as one of South Carolina’s most notable farm-to-table dining destinations, Motor Supply will feature eleven of its small, sustainable S.C. farming partners, including year-round suppliers as well as new producers brought in by new Executive Chef Wesley Fulmer, who took the helm in Spring 2014.
Meet the Farmer (and the Chef!)
Meet the Farmer (and the Chef!) Happy Hour will kick off Harvest Week on Tuesday, June 10, from 5:30–7:00 p.m., when guests are invited to meet & mingle with featured farm owners as well as Executive Chef Wesley Fulmer, whose pedigree includes stints at James Beard Award-winners Susanna Foo in Philadelphia and Restaurant August in New Orleans. Most recently, Fulmer served as Sous Chef at the esteemed Atlantic Room at the Kiawah Island Golf Resort, where he established relationships with some of the Lowcountry’s most conscientious producers.
Harvest Week Cocktail Sneak Peek
Featuring daring and unusual – but innovative and tasty – combinations, the Harvest Week limited edition cocktail menu highlights seasonal ingredients to coordinate with the kitchen, all mixed up by Head Barman and resident “mad scientist” Josh Streetman.
Cocktail concepts feature pickling (from tomatoes to strawberries), fresh, local fruit (blueberries and peaches) and savory ingredients (hot sauce and local quail eggs) in everything from martinis and punches to flips and sours.
Summer Harvest Week 2014 Featured Farms
- Carolina Heritage Farms: Heritage pork from Pamplico
- City Roots: Variety of produce from innovative, award-winning in-town farm
- Derrick Gunter: Tasty Tomato Festival award-winning heirloom tomatoes from Pelion
- Doko Farm: Heritage meats listed on the Slow Food Ark of Taste from Blythewood
- Floral and Hardy Farm: “Hard-to-ship flowers” grown in Lexington at the Midlands’ only fresh cut flower farm
- Freshly Grown Farms: Hydroponically-grown, ladybug-protected greens from Columbia
- Hanna Hands Farm: Pasture-raised rabbits from a hobby farm in Ridgeway
- Lever Farms: Certified SC Grown strawberries from Pomaria
- Trail Ridge Farm and Dairy: “Famously delicious” goat cheese & dairy in Aiken
- West Ridge Farms: Premium, grass-fed beef from Little Mountain
- Wil-Moore Farms: Free-range poultry, eggs and grass-fed beef, family-owned in Lugoff
Motor Supply supports sustainable organic and near-organic farmers in the Midlands by regularly buying their meats, poultry, dairy, eggs and produce for the daily-changing lunch, dinner and brunch menus at Motor Supply. Summer Harvest Week 2014 will mark the sixth occurrence of Motor Supply’s signature biannual farm-to-fork event.
Motor Supply Co. Bistro has been serving New World, made-from-scratch cuisine in the Vista since 1989. Reservations can be made by calling 803-256-6687 or by visiting motorsupplycobistro.com/reserve.
Get social: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MotorSupply
Facebook event: https://facebook.com/events/1449262168652876
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MotorSupply | #HarvestWeek
Contact: Tracie Broom, Flock and Rally, 415.235.5718, email@example.com
Debi Schadel, Flock and Rally, 803.348.8861, firstname.lastname@example.org